Textured Concrete Buttercream and Isomalt Cake 27.04
Concrete effect cakes have been a rising trend in recent years. With a modern and urban feel, these cakes bring a new twist to cake decorating. You will learn how to master this technique by creating the perfect buttercream and learning how to give your cakes the sharp finished edges. The cake is perfectly finished with abstract textures and colours as well as an isomalt sail.
This class is suitable for people experienced in cake decorating however all levels are welcome!
In this workshop you will learn:
- how to make our classic vanilla sponge cake
- how to make swiss meringue buttercream and how to add flavour
- how to cut, fill and stack a cake
- how to colour buttercream, focusing on creating the realistic concrete effect
- how to colour buttercream to make realistic looking succulents.
- how to pipe buttercream succulents using a variety of techniques
- how to decorate the cake with a high standard finish
Each participant will decorate their own cake and take it home to enjoy!
You will be working on pre-made cakes. Age 15+.