Textured Buttercream Cake – 06.06
This class is all about letting your creative side out. We will play with colour and texture to create a really beautiful cake. We will learn about colours, and how to apply coloured buttercream to the cake using a variety of techniques, from piping to pallet knives, to give our cakes a final textured finish.
This class is suitable for all levels of cake decorating. In this workshop you will learn:
- how to make our classic vanilla sponge cake
- how to make swiss meringue buttercream and how to add flavour
- how to cut, fill and stack a cake
- how to cover a cake with buttercream to achieve a smooth and sharp finish
- how to colour buttercream, learning about what colours work together
- how to create texture using piping bags, scrapers and pallet knives
- how to decorate the cake with a high standard finish
Each participant will decorate their own cake and take it home to enjoy!
You will be working on pre-made cakes. Prices do not include VAT.
**In the event of a national lockdown which forces us to close the studio, you will be credited the value of the class to use on a future workshop. no refunds.**