Sunset Ombré Cake
Sunsets in the city are the most magical moments of the day. With the warmer weather coming, this is the perfect cake to welcome back the sun.
In this class, we will cover more advanced techniques such as ombre buttercream, how to dry fruit for decoration, buttercream piping and coloured meringues.
This class is suitable for all levels of cake decorating. In this workshop you will learn:
- how to make our classic vanilla sponge cake
- how to make swiss meringue buttercream and how to add flavour
- how to cut, fill and stack a cake
- how to mix colours to great a soft sunset tone
- how to apply coloured buttercream to create a flawless ombre effect
- how to smooth out the cake to create smooth side and sharp edges
- how to make decorations such as dried citrus fruits and meringues
- how to decorate the cake with a high standard finish
Each participant will decorate their own cake and take it home to enjoy!
You will be working on pre-made cakes. Prices do not include VAT.
**In the event of a national lockdown which forces us to close the studio, you will be credited the value of the class to use on a future workshop. no refunds.**