Spring Buttercream Rustic Cake
Semi-naked cakes give the most authentic rustic look. Adding piped buttercream flowers, just takes the design to the next level.
A naked cake isn’t just beautiful and elegant, but it’s also an essential stage in cake decorating for all our designed cakes.
In this workshop, you will prepare our signature Swiss Meringue buttercream, with which you will learn how to stack and crumb coat your cake to perfection. We will then work with colours in the buttercream, to create fresh spring tones for the gorgeous flowers decorations, which we will be creating by using a variety of piping techniques which we will cover in-depth.
Those with some experience of piping will find this workshop easier, however the class is suitable for all levels as we teach as if its everyones first time.
In this workshop you will learn
- how to make our classic vanilla sponge cake
- how to make swiss meringue buttercream and how to add flavour
- how to cut, fill, stack and cover a cake
- how to colour buttercream, learning about what colours work well together
- how to use a piping bag, learning about different piping tips and the different styles of flowers you can create
- how to decorate the cake with a high standard finish
Each participant will decorate their own cake and take it home to enjoy!
You will be working on pre-made cakes. Prices do not include VAT.
**In the event of a national lockdown which forces us to close the studio, you will be credited the value of the class to use on a future workshop. no refunds.**