Piped Buttercream Cake 04.06
Playing with colours and textures, buttercream piping is a great way to bring the ‘WOW’ factor to your layer cakes.
For those who are new to cake decorating or want to try out a new technique, this piped buttercream cake workshop is the one for you! We will guide you through how to stack a layered cake filled with Swiss meringue buttercream, how to achieve the perfect crumb coat and decorate using an assortment of piping tips. You’ll be piping like a pro in no time!
This class is suitable for all levels of cake decorating. In this workshop you will learn:
- how to make our classic vanilla sponge cake
- how to make swiss meringue buttercream and how to add flavour
- how to cut, fill and stack a cake
- how to colour buttercream, learning about what colours work together
- how to use a piping bag, learning about different piping tips and the designs they create
- how to decorate the cake with a high standard finish
Each participant will decorate their own cake and take it home to enjoy!
You will be working on pre-made cakes. Prices do not include VAT.
**In the event of a national lockdown which forces us to close the studio, you will be credited the value of the class to use on a future workshop. no refunds.**